Monday, February 14, 2011

N Yo Bizniz (First Edition)

 
Welcome to the very first edition of N Yo Bizniz! Hope everyone enjoys. Since Valentine’s Day marks our start, we have comprised a few articles on love. One article focusing on the different meanings of Valentine’s Day. What are beliefs of men and women on this day of love, flowers, and candy? (Don’t forget the teddy bears or you’re toast fellas) The other article focuses on the hard question of a woman choosing to either take the initiative by letting her feelings known by making the first move or allowing him the traditional method of waiting until the man makes the first move. Which choice will she make? I’m not going to tell you read the article!
What is Valentine’s Day? By Blanket
I
n the dictionary, Valentine’s Day means a day for exchange of Valentine's and other tokens of affection...but to others, it means something much more or much less.
RoadKill says, “It’s a Hallmark Holiday, nothing else." His wife responds, "I'd rather get something just because than on a fake holiday." A match made in heaven if you ask me ;) NightsDesire comments that "It’s a shitty day for singles" but Lady Labella begs to differ, "I love Valentine's day whether I'm with someone or not...it may be over commercialized, but what holiday isn’t anymore?" and then there's Please Sophie with, "Valentine’s day is based on Valentinus, the religious person who taught a Guards daughter how to read and left a note before he was killed. So how does that become a lover’s holiday? And the thought of giving some one cut and dying flowers as a gift is another weird one to me, why not a rose bush that’s alive; A symbol of life and renewed beauty?” I know right? She made me think too!
However, Sophie wishes all sweethearts their time in the sun, "their chance." As for Hunter, well he answered my question with a question (figures lmao) "V-day is about lovers, so doesn't love come best from the heart? I'm not saying not to buy gifts for the one you love, but realize what loving someone truly means. Knowing that person is your soulmate and even in your last breath, you'd give it just to make them happy.  Now that you've been N THEIR Bizness, I'll let you in MINE.....
                I'll admit I wasn't always a fan of "V-day" simply because heartache and I were always the best of friends. And then...I met him. He showed me I could trust again, I'm not afraid with him. He was very patient and waited until I was ready, ready to give my heart as he gave his. And so I tell you what V-day means to me now...Well, Hunter made a valid point when he said, "if he can do it one day, then he's capable of doing it every day" and because of him, Valentine’s Day isn't just Feb. 14th, it is every day for me... Every day he reminds me how much he loves and adores me. I don't need gifts of any sort to show me, for I have the best gifts of all; his heart and his unconditional love. It is about love, both giving and receiving. It takes two hearts beating to the same song for love to blossom beautifully.
To those of you who haven't found "the one" who makes you smile, makes you laugh...even makes your heart flutter, don't give up..I don't believe we find love. I believe love finds us....and true love is worth the wait.

 Should I Make The First Move? By Plush Lips

M
y family has traditional (old fashion) beliefs about relationships. I was taught that it is a man's place to pursue a woman and the woman's duty to lead him on a merry chase! Women are a prize, undervalued if obtained too easily.
                "Relationship experts" often agree that men are hunters by nature, designed to instinctively respond to the challenge of an attractive, elusive woman. What they don't consider is that many women view men as a prize too. This viewpoint makes it difficult for some to wait for the prize they desire to eventually notice them and then run from their prize before "reluctantly" allowing themselves to be caught.
 I've never considered behaving in a manner inconsistent with traditional belief. But, I've met and developed a connection with one terrific prize of a man. Our relationship is based on friendship and mutual admiration. In order to explore the possibility of it developing into something deeper, one of us must make the first move.
I'm a modern, confident woman. I COULD ask him out. But SHOULD I? Unable to answer that question alone, I turned to my helpful clan mates. 50 clan members responded to my request for advice. More women (8) than men (2) cautioned me against making the first move. Patricia advised, "Of course you can ask him out. But I recommend you don't. Men are so not bashful. If they want you, they're gonna go after you. If they aren't after you, they're just not there...yet! But you can help him get there. Let him know you are receptive. Decide what you're willing to do to hook him in and go from there."
I'll admit the traditionalist in me enjoyed her advice. I'm old school, I believe that a man should lead, be the head of the house. I don't believe in bossing my man. I prefer to offer my opinion then respect whatever decisions he makes.  One man made an interesting point against women making the first move. He confided that his experiences have made him wary of their motives. Women that have aggressively pursued him have been less interested in his happiness and more interested in their personal gain. Yikes!
                A majority of both women (25) and men (15) encouraged me to make the first move. Many commented that men are not mind readers and are more likely to give women what they want if they simply tell them. Bloodfude added, "We can appreciate if someone wants us enough to tell us. It feels pretty damn good." Loki 8) cautioned, "Men aren't put off by assertive women. But I think cockiness looks as bad on a woman as it does on a man, so be careful."
                I don't have space to include all of the advice I received. But, I am grateful for my concerned clan members. Each of them put considerable thought into their responses and showed genuine interest in helping me.
                So, what have I decided to do? I will make my interest more clear to my obviously not a psychic friend. But, contrary to the majority of advice, I won't make the first move. I have to stay true to my desire to let the man lead and respect his decisions. Cross your fingers for us.


The Impact of Storm8 Changes by Hunter Phoenix
I
t wasn't too long ago when Storm8 decided to implement sudden changes to their games like the clan cap that caused a rush of confusion and anger in all of its games. These changes left players in the game with a question of why. Was it to get rid of the Blood Bars? Blood Bars have helped serve blood for players, help them to grow clans also. Their help has always been voluntary and not one of obligation, the clan cap has caused older players to not be able to add new players, which if we all remember when we started out how difficult the game was without knowing anyone or any guidelines. Don’t just take my word for it, read what the players have to say. Players like Itchy Gloomy from Vampires Live say, "BC's have killed the game. Clan cap can be overcome, but the BC board was strictly done to destroy BB's. Storm 8 was spiteful in their endeavors to make peeps BUY things from the elders."  Slam69 (VL code: 3R63F7) who plays Vampires Live and Zombies says, “Game is boring since changes… I hardly check on it anymore since I can only see a few clan mates BCs.”
The broadcast system changes caused players to lose touch with one another, many sharing upcoming event knowledge, broadcasting of players who were in need of members, some sharing their beautiful art and poetry, it was a way for everyone to share with many. As for new players, unless you go link hopping, the opportunity to develop and get to know new people has become a task.  Longtime player of Vampires Live, also a player of the teamlava games, FangFairy states, “I am mad that s8 hasn't fixed VL issues. I have teamlava games but they get boring quickly and not the same. I want VL back… Just want s8 to fix slow BC and not limit players. I started 2 1/2 yrs ago and paid for LP so I enjoy the game but it's not the same without players. I emailed s8 a few times but no replies.”
Along with frustration, players became fed up and decided to show Storm8 that they weren't willing to take these changes lying down. Many came together to do a ban which players would take a day or more off from playing the game, there was a petition idea, and even reviews given. Needless to say the tactics went without any response from Storm8. Countless of emails were sent to Storm8 with many receiving bullshit automated replies, seemed as though Storm8 could care less. Miblackula, another player of Vampires Live, a good writer and Broadcaster says, "A few days ago I wrote s8 an email asking them if they plan to do anything about the state of the BC board. They responded saying they were working on the issue and they were trying to find a way to handle people with large clan counts. I personally think that's crap."

In my personal opinion, I believe that Storm8 never had or has any intention of finding a solution to satisfy its players. I believe that they wanted to force older players to quit and put Blood Bars out of business in order for people to spend money. I believe that Storm8 began to lose focus on their games and focus on ways to make more money with new games under Teamlava. (Restaurant, Bakery, Farm and City Story games) These games, like those created by Storm8, are supposed to be online social games, whose purpose is for socializing and meeting new people. Their actions hurt many players, old and new causing some players to quit, venture out to other games, or find other means of interesting social aspects, like the newly popular different creation of rooms on Palringo. The upside, however, is that players are determined to keep in touch and continue what Storm8 changes almost destroyed. And that is what it's all about.
Jackass Achievement by Hunter Phoenix

C
ongrats to the lovely couple, (A lady of some sorts and a no mercy kinda guy), who will be soon tying the knot. Now it was said that the past relationship this jackass (the merciless fellow) was in, he couldn't hack, due to his deep feelings affecting his personal life. Wow...well I hope the bride to be isn't expecting him to actually care or a divorce will be the next story in N Yo Bizniz. So this achievement is all yours buddy! *thumbs up* you truly are a jackass...
War Stories by Hunter Phoenix

O
n the war front, TDC is going heads up with Anonymous, though TDC claims to be winning the battle, sources (wanted to remain...Anonymous, lol get it? I crack myself up! Why am I the only one laughing...tough crowd) say TDC are hiding on TDC walls, that Anonymous never quits or fears anyone. Bizzness of TDC says, “The no linking is how I roll and that Anon is losing this war against TDC." So who will be the victor? *watches closely eating popcorn*

In other war news:

War Devils are at war with Vendetta. (Love that movie btw!) Forsaken is taking on Black Ryders. I don't know much more than that but perhaps I'll hear more before the next issue of N Yo Bizniz.

2 comments:

  1. In response to "The Impact of Storm8 Changes", I met a few people playing storm8 games that I am very thankful to have met, particularly PL. Though I have only met one of these people in person, I feel closely connected to all of them. I am thankful to Storm8 for providing the resources to meet them. However, as you stated, Storm8 has clearly made it into an earning money issue, and I honestly believe they have the right to receive at least some compensation for their work, time, and effort... after all, our time is valuable. I recently decided to quit all S8 games because I realized the value of my time and that I was satisfied with the friendships that I developed. I don't hold any resent for the changes S8 made, I sympathize with their efforts to encourage players to work for a change, perhaps to eliminate S8's limited resources for income.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I have to say is BRAVO!!! You hit the nail on the head. Not only
    have the games become boring, but I miss the beautiful Bc's, that
    would light up the Bc board. Not to mention, I learned how to do a Bc, from
    our original BC QUEEN( May you rest in peace) because of the friendships that
    occured. I know I'm rambling, but VL made you feel like you had one giant family. The Storm 8 bigwigs took that away, & they don't seem to care. I'm greatful for knowing you and the friends that have stuck around. Thank you For this, and I'm sure many more great articles. btw, this is Vampina....

    ReplyDelete